1/6 Photos of Black Beans Por Cortesía Leslie With Lime and Cumin
Pot Scrubber's Note:
I got this recipe from my dear friend Leslie, cohost of the Canadian Forum. (Por cortesia means "courtesy of") She was very thoughtful and sent to me a package of Canadian magazines for my birthday. I made this dish as a side to chicken fajitas and Mexican rice. Then- the next day I had these beans as leftovers wrapped in a steamed flour tortilla with leftover Mexican rice and they were sublime! Better than the chicken fajitas, themselves. Vegetarians should try these. The beans wrapped in tortillas along with Mexican rice form a "complete protein." Vegetarians know what I mean by this. Excelente!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain and rinse the two cans of black beans.
- 2In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat: Cook onion, garlic, and comino (cumin)for five minutes until softened.
- 3Add beans and cook while stirring often, for five more minutes until hot and heated though well.
- 4Stir in fresh Cilanto/coriander, lime rind, and lime juice.
- 5Serve as a side dish with a mexican meal or do yourself a favor and wrap into a steamed flour tortilla with Mexican rice. Muy bueno -- Amigos/amigas!
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Beans Por Cortesía Leslie With Lime and Cumin
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 203.4
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.7 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 11.9 g