I got this recipe from my dear friend Leslie, cohost of the Canadian Forum. (Por cortesia means "courtesy of") She was very thoughtful and sent to me a package of Canadian magazines for my birthday. I made this dish as a side to chicken fajitas and Mexican rice. Then- the next day I had these beans as leftovers wrapped in a steamed flour tortilla with leftover Mexican rice and they were sublime! Better than the chicken fajitas, themselves. Vegetarians should try these. The beans wrapped in tortillas along with Mexican rice form a "complete protein." Vegetarians know what I mean by this. Excelente!
- Drain and rinse the two cans of black beans.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat: Cook onion, garlic, and comino (cumin)for five minutes until softened.
- Add beans and cook while stirring often, for five more minutes until hot and heated though well.
- Stir in fresh Cilanto/coriander, lime rind, and lime juice.
- Serve as a side dish with a mexican meal or do yourself a favor and wrap into a steamed flour tortilla with Mexican rice. Muy bueno -- Amigos/amigas!