1 hr 15 mins
This is easy, high fiber and tasty, too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook the brown rice in salted water or broth for 40 minutes.
- 2You will have two and a half cups of cooked rice.
- 3Transfer the rice to a microwave proof dish.
- 4Add the chopped onion, lime juice and drained beans to the rice.
- 5Crush the clove of garlic into the mixture, then salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Combine ingredients well, and reheat in the microwave for about 6-8 minutes, then garnish with reserved cilantro to serve.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Beans and Brown Rice
Serving Size: 1 (74 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 187.7
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 7.1 g