A quick and healthy chili because it is filled with good for you stuff.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 large celery rib, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 lb frozen bell pepper (stir-fry -- red, green, and yellow peppers; do not thaw)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 3 cups canned black beans, drained
- 2 (10 ounce) cans diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon hot red pepper sauce
- 4 cups rice, cooked
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1Heat oil over medium heat for about 1 minute.
- 2Add onion, celery, stir-fry mix, garlic, cumin, and oregano and cook, stirring often, until vegetables are limp. Add 2 1/2 cups beans, tomatoes, orange juice concentrate, lemon juice, and hot pepper sauce.
- 3Bring to boil, adjust heat so it bubbles lightly.
- 4Simmer 10 minutes.
- 5Mash remaining 1/2 cup beans and mix into chili, cover and simmer slowly untils flavors meld, about 15 minutes.
- 6Taste for salt and pepper and adjust as necessary.
- 7Mound rice in heated deep platter, spoon chili on top, sprinkle with cilantro, and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Bean Sweet & Hot Chili (Vegetarian)
Serving Size: 1 (435 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 665.8
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 855.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 134.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.5 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 17.4 g