That is Dr House to you's Note:
From Cooking Light. Note. This is here for me to work with and posted for a request. Haven't made this version without mods yet. It will change as I work with it.. when I get the time.. IF I ever get the time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 2 cups chopped plum tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 15 ounces black beans
- 4 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- cooking spray
- 3 ounces preshredded Mexican blend cheese (optional)
- 1Note: Black Beans can be canned or you can cook your own. They should be cooked. For Vegan omit the cheese or sub in a Vegan Cheese.
- 2Preheat the broiler.
- 3In large hot skillet over med high heat place the olive oil to get hot then add garlic; sauté 30 seconds. Then add the tomatoes, 1/2 cup cilantro, and beans and cook 5 minutes or until liquid evaporates. Stir occasionally.
- 4Place tortillas on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- 5Top each tortilla with 1/2 cup bean mixture and 3 tablespoons cheese; fold in half.
- 6Lightly coat tops with cooking spray. Broil 3 minutes or until cheese melts and tortillas begin to brown. Cut each tortilla into 3 wedges.
- 7SALSA: Combine ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat, and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Serve with quesadillas.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Bean Quesadillas With Corn Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (372 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 409.7
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 365.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.8 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 16.5 g