1/1 Photo of Black Bean, Mushroom & Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers
Kozmic Blues's Note:
This was DELICIOUS!!! From Vegan with a Vengeance. Maple syrup adds the perfect touch
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 473.18 ml mushrooms, finely chopped
- 14.79 ml chili powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 425.24 g can tomato sauce
- 59.14 ml water
- 118.29 ml quinoa
- 4 large red bell peppers
- 425.24 g can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4.92 ml pure maple syrup
- cilantro, chopped, for garnish
- 1In a saucepan over medium heat, sauté the onions in olive oil for 3 to 5 minutes, until onions are translucent.
- 2Add garlic and mushrooms; sauté about 5 minutes, until the mushrooms have released their moisture.
- 3Stir in the chili powder and salt.
- 4Add the quinoa and 1 cup of the tomato sauce (reserve the rest) and the water; lower the heat and cover, and simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring once.
- 5Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350º F.
- 6To prepare the peppers, boil a pot of water. Cut the tops off the pepper and remove the seeds and ribs.
- 7Boil the peppers for 5 minutes, and then drain them.
- 8When quinoa is finished simmering, combine the beans and maple syrup with the cooked quinoa mixture.
- 9Stuff each pepper with the filling, and stand them upright in a baking dish. Pour the remaining tomato sauce over the peppers, and bake for 15 minutes.
- 10Remove from oven; garnish with cilantro, and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Bean, Mushroom & Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (457 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 359.4
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1174.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.8 g
- Sugars 14.3 g
- Protein 16.9 g