Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a sublime chocolate dessert that is very refreshing, very good after a heavy meal.
Make and share this Bittersweet Chocolate Sorbet recipe from Food.com.
- Put all the ingredients in a heavy-bottomed medium saucepan over low heat.
- Cook stirring frequently, until the mixture has reached a boil-- this can take 10 minutes or so.
- Then stir without stopping and PAY ATTENTION: this will bubble furiously!
- Boil for 2 minutes, then pour the mixture into a bowl.
- Set the bowl into an ice-water bath.
- Allow the mixture to chill, stirring now and then.
- Freeze the sorbet in your ice-cream maker, following instructions.
- You can serve the sorbet directly, or pack it into an airtight container and freeze until needed.
- Note: I never use an ice-cream maker, just put it into a Tupperware container suitable for the freezer, and scrape to serve.
Sad to say this did not work for me. I followed the recipe carefully and used lovely chocolate, finished it in my ice cream maker. The result was overly sweet and grainy.