This is a sublime chocolate dessert that is very refreshing, very good after a heavy meal.
My Private Note
- 1Put all the ingredients in a heavy-bottomed medium saucepan over low heat.
- 2Cook stirring frequently, until the mixture has reached a boil-- this can take 10 minutes or so.
- 3Then stir without stopping and PAY ATTENTION: this will bubble furiously!
- 4Boil for 2 minutes, then pour the mixture into a bowl.
- 5Set the bowl into an ice-water bath.
- 6Allow the mixture to chill, stirring now and then.
- 7Freeze the sorbet in your ice-cream maker, following instructions.
- 8You can serve the sorbet directly, or pack it into an airtight container and freeze until needed.
- 9Note: I never use an ice-cream maker, just put it into a Tupperware container suitable for the freezer, and scrape to serve.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bittersweet Chocolate Sorbet
Serving Size: 1 (872 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 774.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 199.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 199.8 g
- Protein 0.0 g