1/3 Photos of Beth's Amazing Black Bean Chili
This is a special creation my husband and I made while dieting, and we LOVE it! It's so full of what's good for us, and it tastes amazing. It also refrigerates and freezes really well. Try it over brown rice or a baked potato with a spoon of low fat sour cream and some cheddar cheese. Delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dice the roma tomatoes and cut the bell peppers and onion into chunky pieces. Set aside.
- 2Put the olive oil in a large pot and heat it to medium heat.
- 3Add the garlic and allow to brown slightly.
- 4Add the onions and allow them to soften slightly. You don't want them completely clear, just softened.
- 5Add the cut up bell pepper pieces.
- 6Add the cans of tomatoes and chilies, the black beans, and the diced roma tomatoes. Mix well.
- 7Allow to mixture to come to a boil.
- 8Add mushrooms and reduce heat to a simmer.
- 9Simmer for 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beth's Amazing Black Bean Chili
Serving Size: 1 (317 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 277.2
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 576.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.6 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 15.7 g