Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a special creation my husband and I made while dieting, and we LOVE it! It's so full of what's good for us, and it tastes amazing. It also refrigerates and freezes really well. Try it over brown rice or a baked potato with a spoon of low fat sour cream and some cheddar cheese. Delicious!
- Dice the roma tomatoes and cut the bell peppers and onion into chunky pieces. Set aside.
- Put the olive oil in a large pot and heat it to medium heat.
- Add the garlic and allow to brown slightly.
- Add the onions and allow them to soften slightly. You don't want them completely clear, just softened.
- Add the cut up bell pepper pieces.
- Add the cans of tomatoes and chilies, the black beans, and the diced roma tomatoes. Mix well.
- Allow to mixture to come to a boil.
- Add mushrooms and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.