This is your basic smoothie recipe, jazzed a little with the addition of a whole orange instead of merely juice. The almonds are delicious but you can omit them if desired. Chilling time is essential if you want a real ice cream-like thicky.
- 1 large ripe banana, frozen
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry, frozen
- 1⁄4 cup raspberries, frozen (or use 3/4 cup of the classic "fieldberry" mix ( strawberries, blackberries, raspberries and blueber)
- 1 very ripe orange, peeled and extra pithe removed
- 1⁄3 cup soymilk (I used unsweetened)
- 3 -4 tablespoons slivered almonds or 3 -4 tablespoons sliced almonds
- Break or cut the banana into smaller chunks. Put it with the berries and orange into the FOOD PROCESSOR. Smoothies take forever in a blender!
- Blend for 1-2 minutes, till very creamy. Add the milk, more or less if you want, and blend until well combined.
- Pour into a big mug, scraping down the food processor with one of those great silicon spatulas :-) Transfer to the freezer for 15-30 minutes. Or, if you like your smoothies a bit meltier, eat now! It's already very thick.
- Before eating, sprinkle with almond slivers or slices. This is a flavorsome, crunchy touch that to me really makes this special. Enjoy!