Prep 3 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is your basic smoothie recipe, jazzed a little with the addition of a whole orange instead of merely juice. The almonds are delicious but you can omit them if desired. Chilling time is essential if you want a real ice cream-like thicky.
- 1 large ripe banana, frozen
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry, frozen
- 1⁄4 cup raspberries, frozen (or use 3/4 cup of the classic "fieldberry" mix ( strawberries, blackberries, raspberries and blueber)
- 1 very ripe orange, peeled and extra pithe removed
- 1⁄3 cup soymilk (I used unsweetened)
- 3 -4 tablespoons slivered almonds or 3 -4 tablespoons sliced almonds
- Break or cut the banana into smaller chunks. Put it with the berries and orange into the FOOD PROCESSOR. Smoothies take forever in a blender!
- Blend for 1-2 minutes, till very creamy. Add the milk, more or less if you want, and blend until well combined.
- Pour into a big mug, scraping down the food processor with one of those great silicon spatulas :-) Transfer to the freezer for 15-30 minutes. Or, if you like your smoothies a bit meltier, eat now! It's already very thick.
- Before eating, sprinkle with almond slivers or slices. This is a flavorsome, crunchy touch that to me really makes this special. Enjoy!
This was so good! I made this and drank it all myself! I love the fresh orange taste. Thanks! Made for Vegetarian Swap-spring 2009!
Awesome smoothie! Perfect blend of flavors. Perfect thickness. I used 1/4 cup fresh blueberries in place of the raspberries. I will definitely be making this one again. Thank you. Made for VEG*N tag.
A WONDERRFUL DRINK! The smoothie was plenty thick for me using the frozen fruits (banana was not frozen) , & topping off with some almonds was a great idea! After somewhat blending, I let the container sit on the counter for about 5 minutes while the blended frozen berries thawed a little, then finshed off the blending process & A PERFECT SMOOTHIE! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my raw food teammates in the Vegetarian/Vegan Recipe Swap II]