1/5 Photos of Berry-Orange Dreamy
White Rose Child's Note:
This is your basic smoothie recipe, jazzed a little with the addition of a whole orange instead of merely juice. The almonds are delicious but you can omit them if desired. Chilling time is essential if you want a real ice cream-like thicky.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large ripe banana, frozen
- 1/2 cup strawberry, frozen
- 1/4 cup raspberries, frozen (or use 3/4 cup of the classic "fieldberry" mix ( strawberries, blackberries, raspberries and blueber)
- 1 very ripe orange, peeled and extra pithe removed
- 1/3 cup soymilk (I used unsweetened)
- 3 -4 tablespoons slivered almonds or 3 -4 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1Break or cut the banana into smaller chunks. Put it with the berries and orange into the FOOD PROCESSOR. Smoothies take forever in a blender!
- 2Blend for 1-2 minutes, till very creamy. Add the milk, more or less if you want, and blend until well combined.
- 3Pour into a big mug, scraping down the food processor with one of those great silicon spatulas :-) Transfer to the freezer for 15-30 minutes. Or, if you like your smoothies a bit meltier, eat now! It's already very thick.
- 4Before eating, sprinkle with almond slivers or slices. This is a flavorsome, crunchy touch that to me really makes this special. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Smoothies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Smoothies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Berry-Orange Dreamy
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 190.8
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 21.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 18.8 g
- Protein 5.2 g