Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a hearty, filling soup that originally comes from Latin America. It is quick and easy to make and healthy, too. I hope you enjoy it!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 350 ml tomato puree (or use same amount of crushed tomatoes)
- 250 g cannellini beans, canned and drained
- salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a pot. Sautee onion, garlic and bell peppers until tender.
- Add tomato puree and beans. Season to taste.
- Bring to a boil and let cook for about 15 minutes. Everything should be cooked through and nicely warmed.
- Serve with a nice bread on the side.
Tasty, fast, healthy and simple.
I think the addition of fresh herbs would work well.
This was super quick & easy with a lovely combination!! The tender crisp peppers with the creamy beans was very nice. We did end up adding some cayenne & hot sauce because DH loves just about anything spicy. This made two hearty servings and we accompanied it with a nice crusty herb bread. The only thing I will do differently next time is to cut the strips in half so they fit better on the spoon. Thanks so much for a keeper Loula!!!! Made for Veg*n Swap 29!!
Dinner in under 30 mins was just what I needed last night and this was a yummy solution. I only had yellow pepper left so mine wasn't as colorful as it should have been but that didn't hurt the flavor in any way. It was hearty, delicious and comforting after an insane day. I had a cornbread muffin on the side.