Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad is so attractive sitting by each place. You can vary the filling to suit your taste - make it hotter, add a dressing, salt & pepper it etc.
- 1 large Belgian endive, cleaned and leaves separated
- 1 large tomatoes, washed and chopped
- 4 tablespoons sweet onions, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Arrange 8 endive leaves artistically on two salad plates.
- Mix remaining ingredients and divide evenly between the 8 leaves.
- Make the filling ahead of time, cover and refrigerate until serving time then fill the leaves and serve.