1/2 Photos of Bek's Black Bean Salsa/Pico De Gallo
I love this with pork chops and yellow rice, as an alternative to plain black beans. It's also a great colorful dip to put out for parties with tortilla chips or pita chips. This can be served warm or cold, we like it both ways. This recipe started with leftovers from Bek's Famous Pico De Gallo, then adding the black beans, corn, and red bell pepper and some additional spices. I've written this to be made from scratch, but it might help to glance through that recipe first. I also included some variations I've tried at the bottom of the directions - as always, let me know how you change it up.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (10 ounce) cans Rotel Tomatoes, with green chiles
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped (Use scissors in a coffe mug)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced (jarred is fine)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn or 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- 2Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, preferably an hour to marry the flavors. The frozen corn should be thawed by the time you're ready to serve. If you're serving immediately, make sure your corn is thawed before adding to the recipe!
- 4Try roasted red bell pepper instead of fresh for a great, smoky taste.
- 5Use different colored bell peppers for a more festive look.
- 6Add 1/4 cup diced red onion.
- 7Add diced jalepenos or habaneros to kick it up.
- 8Let me know any other variations you try!
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bek's Black Bean Salsa/Pico De Gallo
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 144.0
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 383.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 8.2 g