1/1 Photo of Beets in Orange Flavor
This is an easy recipe for fresh beets. Recipe is from "500 Fat-Free Recipes".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat 1 inch of water in a steamer basket and bring to a boil.
- 2Place beets in a colander or steamer basket, cover, and steam for 20 minutes or until tender.
- 3Cool. Peel and slice.
- 4Combine the brown sugar, orange peel, and orange juice in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil; boil for 1 minute.
- 5Stir in the sliced beets and simmer for 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beets in Orange Flavor
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 53.0
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 48.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 1.3 g