Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This one is just GREAT! So full of flavor. It's thick and spicy, but not very hot, so fell free to add cayenne if you prefer fire in your mouth :) This chili goes very well with a rustic bread and tomato/cucumber salad topped with chopped green onions and fresh basil. I use grated peppers, because I don't like it too chunky, if you do, just chop them instead.
- 2 cups veggie crumbles (mince meat substitution)
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 red bell peppers, grated
- 1 orange bell pepper, grated
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup hickory flavored barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon marmite (adds "meaty" flavor) (optional) or 1 tablespoon vegemite (adds "meaty" flavor) (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 -2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander (cilantro)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 2 (15 ounce) chili beans (kidney beans)
- Combine everything except beans in a cooking pot. Bring to a boil, lower heat and let simmer about 30 minutes. (Stir occasionally).
- Taste, add more spices if needed.
- Add beans (one with liquid, one drained). Let simmer additionally 30 minute. Enjoy!