Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you like salsa and you like barbecue sauce this will really thrill you. It is great as a dip, topping, or sandwich relish. I like it in a sandwich with a veggie burger or scrambled eggs, and as a topping for meatloaf. It should be mentioned that this is a fresh 'pico de gallo' style salsa and should be kept refrigerated and used within a few days since it is not preserved.
- 14 ounces petit diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 medium onion
- 2 jalapenos
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Use an extremely sharp knife and slice the onion into matchstick sized strips; and the yellow pepper, and jalapeños into rice sized pieces. You may remove the seeds and ribs of the jalapeños if you prefer a milder taste.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and serve.