1/2 Photos of Batata Vada (Potato Balls in a Gram Flour Crust)
Its a common recipe in India, a family favourite
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 3 teaspoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon asafetida powder, available in indian stores (optional)
- 1Boil the potatoes mash them.
- 2add the ginger garlic, tumeric powder and cilantro and salt.
- 3Heat 3 tsp on oil in a saucepan.
- 4add the mustard seeds and wait for them to crackle (burst) then add the asefetida.
- 5Pour the oil over the potatoes.
- 6and mix it in well till blended.
- 7Mix all the ingredients with the water.
- 8divide the potato mix into 16 balls.
- 9Heat the oil.
- 10Dip the potatoes into the batter.
- 11The batter should be thick enough to coat the potatoes nicely but not too thick.
- 12Place the coated potatoes balls in the hot oil.
- 13Fry till done (the coating will be a golden color with a reddish tinge).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Batata Vada (Potato Balls in a Gram Flour Crust)
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 128.7
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 56.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 4.8 g