Light and refreshing, this recipe is a great way to enjoy your summer evening.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small saucepan, bring sugar and water to a simmer over medium heat.
- 2Cook, without stirring, until sugar dissolves and becomes syrupy (about 5 minutes.)
- 3Remove from heat, add the basil, and let cool to room temperature
- 4Strain the syrup to get all chunks out. Discard chunks.
- 5Pour 2-3 teaspoons of syrup into 8 8-ounce glasses, then fill with ice and lemonade.
- 6Garnish with a sprig of basil and serve.
- 7Syrup can keep in fridge for up to two weeks.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basil Lemonade
Serving Size: 1 (321 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 229.6
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 8.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 57.5 g
- Protein 0.3 g