Prep 672 hrs
Cook 5 mins
Some of the best flavored stuff on the planet. Prep time includes standing time.
Make and share this Basil Garlic Vinegar recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and split
- 2 cups wine vinegar or 2 cups white vinegar
- Place 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil leaves and 2 cloves split peeled garlic in a sterilized pint jar.
- Heat the wine or white vinegar to just below the boiling point.
- Fill the jar with the vinegar, and cap tightly.
- Allow to stand 3 to 4 weeks.
- Strain vinegar, discarding basil and garlic.
- Pour vinegar into a clean sterilized jar, adding a new sprig of fresh basil, if desired.
- Seal tightly.
- Use in dressings for rice, pasta, antipasto salads or in flavored mayonnaise.
Very nicely flavoured vinegar, perfect for mixed greens.