Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Rose Elliot
Make and share this Basic Potato Wedges recipe from Food.com.
- Put the kettle on.
- Scrub the potatoes, cut each one in half lengthways and then in half again to make 4 long wedges.
- Put the potato wedges into a saucepan, cover with boiling water and bring back to the boil. Cook for about 5 minutes from the time that the water boils, then drain thoroughly.
- Meanwhile, heat the grill. Brush the drained potato wedges all over with olive oil, then put them on a baking sheet and place them under the grill.
- Grill on high for 10-15 minutes, until the potatoes are tender right through and golden brown, turning them as necessary. Remove from the grill, sprinkle them with sea salt and serve with toppings.
- Variation *1: Herbs - sprinkle with fresh rosemary or thyme before grilling. Caraway seeds also work.