1 hr 15 mins
I cut this out from the National Examiner. This goes with the Cabbage Soup diet, where you can lose 10 pounds in a week. I haven't tried it, but I will soon. I am guessing at the time to cut veggies. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut cabbage, carrots, onions, green onions, peppers, tomatoes, and celery into bite-size pieces.
- 2Place vegetables in a large stock pot and cover with water.
- 3Bring water to a boil and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- 4Cover and simmer until the vegetables are soft, about 45 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, cook the brown rice according to package directions.
- 6Add the rice to the soup when the vegetables are almost cooked.
- 7Season with salt and pepper.
- 8Allow the soup to cool before storing in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic Cabbage Soup Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (3100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 101.3
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 55.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 3.3 g