Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I cut this out from the National Examiner. This goes with the Cabbage Soup diet, where you can lose 10 pounds in a week. I haven't tried it, but I will soon. I am guessing at the time to cut veggies. Enjoy!
- Cut cabbage, carrots, onions, green onions, peppers, tomatoes, and celery into bite-size pieces.
- Place vegetables in a large stock pot and cover with water.
- Bring water to a boil and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Cover and simmer until the vegetables are soft, about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the brown rice according to package directions.
- Add the rice to the soup when the vegetables are almost cooked.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Allow the soup to cool before storing in refrigerator.