1 hr 15 mins
I cut this out from the National Examiner. This goes with the Cabbage Soup diet, where you can lose 10 pounds in a week. I haven't tried it, but I will soon. I am guessing at the time to cut veggies. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut cabbage, carrots, onions, green onions, peppers, tomatoes, and celery into bite-size pieces.
- 2Place vegetables in a large stock pot and cover with water.
- 3Bring water to a boil and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- 4Cover and simmer until the vegetables are soft, about 45 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, cook the brown rice according to package directions.
- 6Add the rice to the soup when the vegetables are almost cooked.
- 7Season with salt and pepper.
- 8Allow the soup to cool before storing in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic Cabbage Soup Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (3100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 101.3
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 55.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 3.3 g