Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Linda J.Amendt's Book "Blue Ribbon Preserves". The taste and color of this jam are delightful. Please don't duplicate the ingredients, or the jam may fail to set.
- In an 8-quart pan, combine the strawberries, bananas, lemon juice, sugar and butter.
- Over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, heat the mixture until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and bring the mixture to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Stir in the entire contents of the pectin pouch.
- Return the mixture to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly.
- Boil, stirring constantly for 1 minute.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Skim off any foam.
- To prevent the jam from separating in the jars, allow the jam to cool 5 minutes before filling the jars. Gently stir the jam every minute or so to distribute the fruit.
- Ladle the hot jam into hot jars, leaving 1/4-inch headspace.
- Wipe the jar rims and threads with a clean, damp cloth.
- Cover with hot lids and apply screw rings.
- Process half pint jars in 200°F (93°C) water bath for 10 minutes, pint jars for 15 minutes.
I doubled everything except the sugar and the pectin and it turned out perfect!
This worked out great! It is definately strawberrybanana-you can taste each. I was worried it wasn't going to set up b/c it was pretty runny when we went to bed, but it was solid the next morning. It took me about 5 bananas to get enough. I didn't add the butter to reduce the foaming and I would strongly reccomend adding it. I had a TON of foam to skim off!!!!!!
Yummy!! Very easy to make!!