1/1 Photo of Banberry Jam
1 hr 5 mins
Karmology Clinic's Note:
From Linda J.Amendt's Book "Blue Ribbon Preserves". The taste and color of this jam are delightful. Please don't duplicate the ingredients, or the jam may fail to set.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In an 8-quart pan, combine the strawberries, bananas, lemon juice, sugar and butter.
- 2Over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, heat the mixture until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- 3Increase the heat to medium-high and bring the mixture to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Stir in the entire contents of the pectin pouch.
- 4Return the mixture to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly.
- 5Boil, stirring constantly for 1 minute.
- 6Remove the pan from the heat.
- 7Skim off any foam.
- 8To prevent the jam from separating in the jars, allow the jam to cool 5 minutes before filling the jars. Gently stir the jam every minute or so to distribute the fruit.
- 9Ladle the hot jam into hot jars, leaving 1/4-inch headspace.
- 10Wipe the jar rims and threads with a clean, damp cloth.
- 11Cover with hot lids and apply screw rings.
- 12Process half pint jars in 200°F (93°C) water bath for 10 minutes, pint jars for 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banberry Jam
Serving Size: 1 (2139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 826.0
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 213.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 206.8 g
- Protein 0.7 g