From Linda J.Amendt's Book "Blue Ribbon Preserves". The taste and color of this jam are delightful. Please don't duplicate the ingredients, or the jam may fail to set.
- In an 8-quart pan, combine the strawberries, bananas, lemon juice, sugar and butter.
- Over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, heat the mixture until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and bring the mixture to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Stir in the entire contents of the pectin pouch.
- Return the mixture to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly.
- Boil, stirring constantly for 1 minute.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Skim off any foam.
- To prevent the jam from separating in the jars, allow the jam to cool 5 minutes before filling the jars. Gently stir the jam every minute or so to distribute the fruit.
- Ladle the hot jam into hot jars, leaving 1/4-inch headspace.
- Wipe the jar rims and threads with a clean, damp cloth.
- Cover with hot lids and apply screw rings.
- Process half pint jars in 200°F (93°C) water bath for 10 minutes, pint jars for 15 minutes.
I doubled everything except the sugar and the pectin and it turned out perfect!
This worked out great! It is definately strawberrybanana-you can taste each. I was worried it wasn't going to set up b/c it was pretty runny when we went to bed, but it was solid the next morning. It took me about 5 bananas to get enough. I didn't add the butter to reduce the foaming and I would strongly reccomend adding it. I had a TON of foam to skim off!!!!!!
Yummy!! Very easy to make!!