Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I came up with this when I wanted to use up a couple of ripe bananas and I was in the mood for a Colada type drink. I didn't want to use cream of coconut or coconut milk, so this is the result. It still has the same sort of taste, but is much lighter. Since I am not a big fan of heavy creamy drinks, I actually like this better!
- 4 fluid ounces light rum
- 4 fluid ounces malibu coconut rum
- 2 fluid ounces lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 bananas, sliced and frozen
- 1⁄4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- sweetened flaked coconut (optional)
- maraschino cherry (optional)
- Combine light rum, Malibu, lime juice, sugar, bananas, and coconut in blender jar; blend until smooth.
- Add enough ice to fill the jar and blend again until smooth.
- Pour into hurricane glasses and garnish with coconut and cherries.
The shredded coconut left a slightly grainy texture despite long blending, but it was pretty minor and the taste was fabulous. I too like this much better than the heavier creamier version.