Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This little gem comes from the 2004 cookbook, Raw Foods for Busy People!
Make and share this Banana Date Peach Pudding (Raw Food) recipe from Food.com.
- 6 dates, pitted, chopped (Medjool preferred)
- 1 cup water
- 1 banana, ripe, peeled, sliced
- 2 peaches, pitted, chopped
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine dates & water & let set for 15 minutes, then drain & discard the liquid.
- Place all ingredients in the bowl of a blender & process until smooth.
- Spoon into several serving bowls & enjoy!
I made this because it is raw and it is sooo delicious. I had it cold because I used frozen peaches. Instead of dates I used date syrup (dibis) which is made as described in the recipe but ends up being less harsh on my blender as apposed to full dates. I used vanilla paste to be alcohol free and did include the cinnamon for the added health benefit plus I like it. Made for Veggie Swap 23.
I preferred the taste better replacing the water with plain yogurt. Also, to avoid waste I added the liquid from soaking the dates to the pudding. A 'doughnut' peach was happy to contribute to the cause. Reviewed for Adopt a Tag.
I really enjoyed this.. I had some with yoghurt and then added some to my morning porridge, very adaptable and tastes naughty even though it's not. Thanks for posting!