Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A fresh/zippy salad that can be made well in advance and served with a dollop of sour cream and chives/parsley/cilantro as a garnish or alongside fish, rice or something else fun. Mango may be used in addition to or in place of the banana. I developed this recipe to combine the delicious flavors of Island and Latin food with Californian cuisene.
- Cook black beans (or just used drained canned beans).
- Mince tomatoes, pepper, onion and cilantro.
- Combine all of the above in a bowl and mix well.
- Chop banana into small but substantial square pieces.
- Fold banana pieces into the mixture gently so as not to bruise the bananas.
- Add salt/pepper to taste and lemon and orange juices folding them gently into the mixture.
- Chill and serve cold.
This might be my new favorite black bean salad recipe! And with NO OIL in it - it's quite nutritious too! Thanks for posting it.
so yummy! the flavors of the tomato and banana go surprisingly well together!
I made this for lunch today. Quick, easy and VERY refreshing!! I love the combination of flavors! delicious! I'll definitely do this again!