Found on Epicurious.com. Sounds like a unique twist to me........... Used for ZWT 3 with Midwest and South as the regions, blueberries in Michigan and peaches in Georgia.
- In a 1 to 1 1/2 quart heavy saucepan, bring 3 Tablespoons sugar with vinegar and 1 cup of the blueberries to a boil while stirring constantly.
- Boil 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Combine remaining 2 cups of blueberries with peach slices in a large bowl.
- Toss with hot blueberry syrup and black pepper.
- Add additional sugar, if desired.
- Let stand 30 minutes, tossing occasionally.
Chef Kate is right...this is a "10 star" recipe, especially with peaches fresh from the tree and served with vanilla frozen yogurt. Ellie Krieger has a similar recipe using cherries instead of blueberries.
This recipe was recommended by Chef #174096. I served it atop Praline Biscuits for a wonderful brunch item. The two recipes work wonderfully well together. Thanks for sharing!
I just "lifted" the blueberry portion of this recipe because I wanted a blueberry sauce to pour over a store bought cake. This was easy and oh so delish-i-ous. I am thinking, next time I will grill some peaches and pour this blueberry sauce over.