Found on Epicurious.com. Sounds like a unique twist to me........... Used for ZWT 3 with Midwest and South as the regions, blueberries in Michigan and peaches in Georgia.
- In a 1 to 1 1/2 quart heavy saucepan, bring 3 Tablespoons sugar with vinegar and 1 cup of the blueberries to a boil while stirring constantly.
- Boil 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Combine remaining 2 cups of blueberries with peach slices in a large bowl.
- Toss with hot blueberry syrup and black pepper.
- Add additional sugar, if desired.
- Let stand 30 minutes, tossing occasionally.