From turkishcookbook.com. I opted to broil the onions instead of baking at four hundred degrees in the original recipe. We enjoyed the onions served over baby arugula/rocket/rockette-an intense combination of flavors!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven on the BROIL setting.
- 2Arrange the onions quarters on an ovenproof grill pan or parchment-lined baking sheet.
- 3Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle pomegranate syrup all over the onion.
- 4Set the oven rack on the middle position and broil until the onion is tender and caramelized approximately 20 minutes, turning occasionally to broil evenly.
- 5If desired, serve onions over baby arugula leaves or mixed greens, pouring any residual sauce over the vegetables.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Onion With Pomegranate Syrup (Firinda Nar Eksili Sogan)
Serving Size: 1 (220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1