1/1 Photo of Baked Falafel Balls
20 hrs 50 mins
You will love these little falafel balls that are soft on the inside and crunchy on the outside...without frying in oil! Serve in a pita with your favorite cucumber sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup Bulgar wheat
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1/4 teaspoons coriander
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup dried breadcrumbs, plus
- 2 teaspoons dried breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup cilantro, minced
- 1/4 cup parsley, minced
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1Bring water to a boil and remove from the heat.
- 2Mix in the bulgur.
- 3Cover well and allow the wheat to sit until all the water is absorbed -- about 20 minutes.
- 4Heat the olive oil in a small pan and saute the onion and garlic over medium heat until the onion is just transparent.
- 5Add red chili flakes, cumin, and coriander and saute for 1 more minute.
- 6Combine the chickpeas and bulgur in a food processor. Add the lemon juice, bread crumbs, cilantro, parsley and salt and process until just mixed, and has a pleasing texture.
- 7Set mixture aside for 15 minutes.
- 8Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 9Form falafel mixture into 2 inch balls and place on a lightly oiled sheet pan.
- 10Spray the balls with some olive oil.
- 11Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until golden, turning the pan once during baking.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Falafel Balls
Serving Size: 1 (104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 137.6
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 222.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 4.5 g