Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Healthy dessert...serve with vanilla ice-cream.
Make and share this Baked Apples Stuffed With Figs and Hazelnuts recipe from Food.com.
- 8 small organic apples
- 5 dried figs
- 20 h hazelnuts
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (Rapdura)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Take cores out of apples.
- Chop figs and hazelnuts.
- Add grated lemon rind, sugar and cinnamon.
- Add 1 tbs juice from the lemon.
- Press fig mixture into apples.
- Spoon 2 tbs lemon juice over the apples.
- Bake at 180 C for 15 minutes.
Tasty. Enjoyed that these had a healthy stuffing. Made with pecans as when I reached for the hazelnuts DH had eaten them errrr :( My apples may have been big then what the recipe called for as the described filling only made enough for two apples. The cook time was also off at the end of 15 minutes the apples were so hard could not stick with a fork so cooked an additional 15 minutes to get them soft. The taste was good and would be best served with ice cream as suggested in the description.