This Bonnie Stern "Heartsmart" recipe makes about 48 pieces and are a great snack or dessert. Ms Stern suggests eating them with yogurt cheese or fruit sorbet; or as a side dish with savoury foods like pork or roast chicken.
- Peel, halve and core apples.
- Cut each half into 6 wedges.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar and cinnamon.
- Mix together well.
- Add apples and toss.
- Spread apples in a single layer on non-stick or parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake in pre-heated 450*F/230*C oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until browned and tender.
- Cool, for a few minutes before removing from baking sheet.
- Serve warm.