1/2 Photos of Baja Vegetable Stew
From the Ellsworth Cooking School in Ellsworth, Maine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 red chili peppers, seeded and chopped
- 19.71 ml olive oil
- 236.59 ml onion, chopped
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 4.92 ml cumin
- 3 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 473.18 ml broth (vegetable or chicken)
- 1 red bell pepper, roughly chopped into 1" pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, roughly chopped into 1" pieces
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 236.59 ml corn
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 473.18 ml black beans (1 15-oz can is 1 1/2 cups and will do)
- 236.59 ml kidney bean (1 15-oz can is 1 1/2 cups and will do)
- 3.69 ml cider vinegar
- 1In a skillet, roast chilies for 20-30 seconds over high heat.
- 2Remove from heat and let cool.
- 3In a large pot, heat 2 tsp olive oil over medium-high heat and sautee onions until golden.
- 4Add garlic and cumin and cook, stirring constantly for about 30 seconds.
- 5Add tomatoes, broth and chilies.
- 6Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 7In batches in a blender or with a stick blender, puree the soup.
- 8Pour through a fine sieve, cheesecloth or food mill, if desired.
- 9In a skillet, heat 2 tsp olive oil over medium-high heat.
- 10Add bell peppers, zucchini and corn.
- 11Season with salt and pepper and cook until tender- about 4 minutes.
- 12Add to broth mixture with the black beans and kidney beans.
- 13Simmer for 1-2 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- 14Stir in the vingegar and garnish with cilantro, lime wedges and avacado.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baja Vegetable Stew
Serving Size: 1 (369 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 221.0
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.1 mg
- Sodium 343.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.6 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 10.8 g