My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large mixer bowl, combine yeast and 1 3/4 cups of flour.
- 2Combine water, sugar and salt. Add to yeast mixture. Beat at low speed of electric mixer for 1/2 minute, scraping sides of bowl constantly.
- 3Beat 3 minutes at high speed.
- 4By hand, stir in enough of the remaining flour to make a moderately stiff dough.
- 5Turn out on lightly floured surface and knead until smooth, 5 to 8 minutes.
- 6Cover, let rest 15 minutes.
- 7Cut into 12 portions and shape into smooth balls.
- 8Punch a hole in center of each with a floured finger.
- 9Pull gently to enlarge hole, working each bagel into uniform shape. Cover, let rise 20 minutes.
- 10In large kettle combine 1 gallon water and 1 tablespoon sugar; bring to a boil.
- 11Reduce temperature to a simmer.
- 12Cook bagels 4 or 5 at a time, for 7 minutes, turning once. Drain and place on ungreased baking sheet. Bake in 375 degrees oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bagels II
Serving Size: 1 (957 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 177.2
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 583.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 5.0 g