Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 50 mins
Cook 2 hrs 45 mins
- Stem and pit the cherries; you should have 4 cups.
- In a large bowl, stir together the cherries, raspberries and sugar.
- Let stand at room temperature, stirring occasionally, for 2 hours.
- Pour the fruit into a wide, shallow, nonreactive saucepan and stir in the lemon juice. Cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, for 30 to 40 minutes until the mixture looks thickened and glazed.
- Remove a table-spoon of the preserves to a small saucer and chill in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Run your finger through the mixture; if it wrinkles, it is ready to jar.
- If it is not ready, continue cooking for 5 more minutes and repeat the test. Sterilize four 8-ounce canning jars by washing and rinsing them in the dishwasher without detergent; keep them warm in a 250 degrees F oven.
- Pour boiling water over the jar lids to soften the rubber seals.
- Ladle the hot preserves to within 1/2 inch of the rims of the jars.
- Wipe the rims and seal with the hot lids and metal bands.
- Let cool to room temperature, then refrigerate for several weeks.
- Or, to store longer, process in a water bath.
i cant believe no one has rated these yet i had both fruits in freezer cause canning in winter is alot more fun than summer lol and these were great thanks for posting dee