3 hrs 35 mins
2 hrs 45 mins
My Private Note
(8 oz) ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Stem and pit the cherries; you should have 4 cups.
- 2In a large bowl, stir together the cherries, raspberries and sugar.
- 3Let stand at room temperature, stirring occasionally, for 2 hours.
- 4Pour the fruit into a wide, shallow, nonreactive saucepan and stir in the lemon juice. Cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, for 30 to 40 minutes until the mixture looks thickened and glazed.
- 5Remove a table-spoon of the preserves to a small saucer and chill in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- 6Run your finger through the mixture; if it wrinkles, it is ready to jar.
- 7If it is not ready, continue cooking for 5 more minutes and repeat the test. Sterilize four 8-ounce canning jars by washing and rinsing them in the dishwasher without detergent; keep them warm in a 250 degrees F oven.
- 8Pour boiling water over the jar lids to soften the rubber seals.
- 9Ladle the hot preserves to within 1/2 inch of the rims of the jars.
- 10Wipe the rims and seal with the hot lids and metal bands.
- 11Let cool to room temperature, then refrigerate for several weeks.
- 12Or, to store longer, process in a water bath.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for B.c. Cherry and Raspberry Preserves
Serving Size: 1 (2808 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 950.0
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 241.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.7 g
- Sugars 214.9 g
- Protein 5.3 g