Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Try this one for something a little more adventurous.
Make and share this Aunt Shirley's Caribbean Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 7 1⁄2-8 cups water
- 4 cups brown rice
- 2 (14 ounce) cans pigeon peas or 2 (14 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained and well-rinsed
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 dashes black pepper
- sea salt or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon coconut cream (can be solid) (optional)
- hot pepper, diced
- In a large pot, bring the water to a boil and add all the ingredients.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 45-50 minutes until rice is cooked.
- Source: Vegetarian Tastes of Toronto p.92.