I think this is based on a Cooking Light recipe, but I can't remember! A very easy side dish for a dinner party or brunch! Note: DH and I both really like this dish, so the serving size is big! Update 12/31/2011: I finally found the original recipe from Cooking Light. The original sauce was: 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix lemon juice, vinegar, and country dijon mustard in a small bowl.
- 2Boil the asparagus until just done in a large wide saucepan.
- 3Drain asparagus and remove to serving plate.
- 4Toast mustard seeds over medium-high heat for 3 minutes, being careful not to burn them.
- 5Pour the dijon mustard mixture into the pan and mix well.
- 6Put the asparagus back into the pan and toss to coat.
- 7Remove the asparagus to the serving plate and top with the extra sauce.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus With Mustard Seed Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 89.0
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 288.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 7.3 g