Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I think this is based on a Cooking Light recipe, but I can't remember! A very easy side dish for a dinner party or brunch! Note: DH and I both really like this dish, so the serving size is big! Update 12/31/2011: I finally found the original recipe from Cooking Light. The original sauce was: 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- Mix lemon juice, vinegar, and country dijon mustard in a small bowl.
- Boil the asparagus until just done in a large wide saucepan.
- Drain asparagus and remove to serving plate.
- Toast mustard seeds over medium-high heat for 3 minutes, being careful not to burn them.
- Pour the dijon mustard mixture into the pan and mix well.
- Put the asparagus back into the pan and toss to coat.
- Remove the asparagus to the serving plate and top with the extra sauce.