Thick hearty soup sure to stick to your gut!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut potatoes into small pieces.
- 2Place in an approx 3-quart saucepan,.
- 3Boil potatoes in water until extremely tender.
- 4While this is happening, wash asparagus.
- 5Remove woody ends.
- 6Cut into 1" sections, setting aside tips.
- 7Add non-tip sections to potato pot and cook until asparagus has gone beyond bright green to olive green (but not brown).
- 8Add dill.
- 9Asparagus should be soft enough to mash along with potatoes, in the cooking water.
- 10Don't throw out any of the cooking water- they should lightly mash together when done. Lightly brown flour in a small saucepan and allow to cool somewhat before adding rice milk.
- 11Add liquid gradually to make a smooth pseudo-roux and add the roux to the soup.
- 12Add the asparagus tips and continue cooking the soup just until the tips are tender and bright green.
- 13Salt to taste.
- 14*For a slight variation cut up an onion and a few cloves of garlic and sauteed them, then add some vegetable broth and water and cook with the potatoes, then continue with the directions.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus Soup
Serving Size: 1 (419 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 250.5
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 64.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 10.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: