Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Thick hearty soup sure to stick to your gut!
Make and share this Asparagus Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Cut potatoes into small pieces.
- Place in an approx 3-quart saucepan,.
- Boil potatoes in water until extremely tender.
- While this is happening, wash asparagus.
- Remove woody ends.
- Cut into 1" sections, setting aside tips.
- Add non-tip sections to potato pot and cook until asparagus has gone beyond bright green to olive green (but not brown).
- Add dill.
- Asparagus should be soft enough to mash along with potatoes, in the cooking water.
- Don't throw out any of the cooking water- they should lightly mash together when done. Lightly brown flour in a small saucepan and allow to cool somewhat before adding rice milk.
- Add liquid gradually to make a smooth pseudo-roux and add the roux to the soup.
- Add the asparagus tips and continue cooking the soup just until the tips are tender and bright green.
- Salt to taste.
- *For a slight variation cut up an onion and a few cloves of garlic and sauteed them, then add some vegetable broth and water and cook with the potatoes, then continue with the directions.