Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I took this recipe out of my slow cooker recipe book. I like artichokes stuffed as well, but these plain artichokes were just simple and delicious. I served this with a tomato, mozzarella, green olive, basil, crouton, green leaf lettuce salad. Sprinkled a tiny bit of olive oil over the salad and enjoyed this with the artichoke. This makes a lovely lunch. One can dip the tender leaves in melted butter if desired. Hope you enjoy it too!
- Cut off the bottom stem of the artichoke.
- Cut off 1/2-1" from the top of the artichoke.
- Wash artichokes thoroughly and place standing up in a slow cooker.
- Fill the slow cooker with water about 3/4 to top of artichoke.
- Mix lemon juice and salt together.
- Sprinkle on top of each artichoke.
- Spoon a bit of water on top of each artichoke.
- Cover and cook 10 hours low or 2-4 hours high.
- I spooned water over the tops of the artichoke during mid time of cooking.