4 hrs 15 mins
I took this recipe out of my slow cooker recipe book. I like artichokes stuffed as well, but these plain artichokes were just simple and delicious. I served this with a tomato, mozzarella, green olive, basil, crouton, green leaf lettuce salad. Sprinkled a tiny bit of olive oil over the salad and enjoyed this with the artichoke. This makes a lovely lunch. One can dip the tender leaves in melted butter if desired. Hope you enjoy it too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut off the bottom stem of the artichoke.
- 2Cut off 1/2-1" from the top of the artichoke.
- 3Wash artichokes thoroughly and place standing up in a slow cooker.
- 4Fill the slow cooker with water about 3/4 to top of artichoke.
- 5Mix lemon juice and salt together.
- 6Sprinkle on top of each artichoke.
- 7Spoon a bit of water on top of each artichoke.
- 8Cover and cook 10 hours low or 2-4 hours high.
- 9I spooned water over the tops of the artichoke during mid time of cooking.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Artichokes Plain and Simple Slow Cooker
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 61.0
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 701.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 4.2 g