My version of a wonderful recipe courtesy of Weight Watchers. Don't tell'em its healthy just let then enjoy the great flavors of this easy side dish. This dish is 1 point per serving and Core.
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1/4 inch coins
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 small red onion, halved and cut into thin slices
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, coarsely grated
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and add the cauliflower and carrots. Let cook for 2-3 minutes, add the broccoli. Cook an additional 2 minutes until vegetables are crisp tender.
- Drain the vegetables without rinsing.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the spices and let sizzle for a second or two before adding the steamed vegetables and red onion. Let cook just a minute or two until the spices are distributed and the onions have started to wilt.
- Toss in the vinegar and lemon zest and transfer the salad to a serving bowl. Allow the salad to stand for 10 minutes before serving.