1/1 Photo of Aromatic Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad
My version of a wonderful recipe courtesy of Weight Watchers. Don't tell'em its healthy just let then enjoy the great flavors of this easy side dish. This dish is 1 point per serving and Core.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1/4 inch coins
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 small red onion, halved and cut into thin slices
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, coarsely grated
- 1Bring a large pot of water to boil and add the cauliflower and carrots. Let cook for 2-3 minutes, add the broccoli. Cook an additional 2 minutes until vegetables are crisp tender.
- 2Drain the vegetables without rinsing.
- 3Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the spices and let sizzle for a second or two before adding the steamed vegetables and red onion. Let cook just a minute or two until the spices are distributed and the onions have started to wilt.
- 4Toss in the vinegar and lemon zest and transfer the salad to a serving bowl. Allow the salad to stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aromatic Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 87.2
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 289.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 4.6 g