1/1 Photo of Aromatic Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad
My version of a wonderful recipe courtesy of Weight Watchers. Don't tell'em its healthy just let then enjoy the great flavors of this easy side dish. This dish is 1 point per serving and Core.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1/4 inch coins
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 small red onion, halved and cut into thin slices
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, coarsely grated
- 1Bring a large pot of water to boil and add the cauliflower and carrots. Let cook for 2-3 minutes, add the broccoli. Cook an additional 2 minutes until vegetables are crisp tender.
- 2Drain the vegetables without rinsing.
- 3Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the spices and let sizzle for a second or two before adding the steamed vegetables and red onion. Let cook just a minute or two until the spices are distributed and the onions have started to wilt.
- 4Toss in the vinegar and lemon zest and transfer the salad to a serving bowl. Allow the salad to stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aromatic Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 87.2
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 289.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 4.6 g