1 hr 21 mins
I tend to use organic ingredients everywhere possible, but you don't have to on this recipe. It is a moist, and richly light flavored table bread that would be wonderful with a simple meal. Two of my roommates came wandering into the kitchen with their eyes glittering - what are you making, it smells sooooo good. There wont be any left-overs after the meal. Use your bread maker or follow your trad method, and washed hands of course.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup filtered water
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon red-star active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1following your bread-machine method using the dough setting.
- 2combine the first 6 ingredients- start machine.
- 3keep an eye on the dough- and when it has doubled in size take out of bread machine (mine doubled early).
- 4place dough on a lightly floured bread board and flatten the firm yet elastic and not sticky dough with hand to punch down.
- 5preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 6let dough rest a moment while lightly oiling a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or silpat and seasoning the tomatoes with the olive oil and salt.
- 7season the mushrooms with a tiny bit of olive oil.
- 8Roll dough out to a rectangle and layer half with one half of the mushrooms.
- 9fold other dough half over- press out with fingertips and repeat with the rest of the mushrooms.
- 10shape dough with fingertips by punching and jabbing motion to produce a very dimpled rectangle shaped bread.
- 11transfer dough to prep'd baking sheet.
- 12spray or'drizzle-spread'[to taste] the dough lightly with olive oil.
- 13top with seasoned tomatoes and pepper to taste.
- 14let dough rise 15 minutes.
- 15bake at 400 degrees for about 18- 24 minutes.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aroma-rooma Focaccia
Serving Size: 1 (626 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1058.5
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1764.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 204.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.7 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 30.6 g