Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 21 mins
I tend to use organic ingredients everywhere possible, but you don't have to on this recipe. It is a moist, and richly light flavored table bread that would be wonderful with a simple meal. Two of my roommates came wandering into the kitchen with their eyes glittering - what are you making, it smells sooooo good. There wont be any left-overs after the meal. Use your bread maker or follow your trad method, and washed hands of course.
- 2⁄3 cup filtered water
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon red-star active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 roma tomatoes, halved & sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 cup white mushroom, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- fresh cracked ground black pepper
- following your bread-machine method using the dough setting.
- combine the first 6 ingredients- start machine.
- keep an eye on the dough- and when it has doubled in size take out of bread machine (mine doubled early).
- place dough on a lightly floured bread board and flatten the firm yet elastic and not sticky dough with hand to punch down.
- preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- let dough rest a moment while lightly oiling a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or silpat and seasoning the tomatoes with the olive oil and salt.
- season the mushrooms with a tiny bit of olive oil.
- Roll dough out to a rectangle and layer half with one half of the mushrooms.
- fold other dough half over- press out with fingertips and repeat with the rest of the mushrooms.
- shape dough with fingertips by punching and jabbing motion to produce a very dimpled rectangle shaped bread.
- transfer dough to prep'd baking sheet.
- spray or'drizzle-spread'[to taste] the dough lightly with olive oil.
- top with seasoned tomatoes and pepper to taste.
- let dough rise 15 minutes.
- bake at 400 degrees for about 18- 24 minutes.