1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 25 mins
This is adapted from a Cooking Light recipe. It is great with roasted meat. It would also be good as a spread for appetizers or at breakfast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup dried apricot, halved
- 1 cup chopped pitted dates (about 1 lb)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1Place apricots in a medium bowl. Cover with boiling water, and let stand 1 hour. Drain.
- 2Combine apricots, dates, and next 7 ingredients in a medium heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 25 min or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in cilantro.
- 3Pack chutney in clean jars. Cover and cool chutney completely; chill. Yield: 2 1/4 cups (serving size: 1/4 cup).
- 4Note: You can store chutney in refrigerator for up to 6 weeks.
Browse Our Top Chutneys Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chutneys Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apricot Date Chutney
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 147.9
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 73.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 34.3 g
- Protein 0.8 g