Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 25 mins
This is adapted from a Cooking Light recipe. It is great with roasted meat. It would also be good as a spread for appetizers or at breakfast.
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, halved
- 1 cup chopped pitted dates (about 1 lb)
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Place apricots in a medium bowl. Cover with boiling water, and let stand 1 hour. Drain.
- Combine apricots, dates, and next 7 ingredients in a medium heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 25 min or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in cilantro.
- Pack chutney in clean jars. Cover and cool chutney completely; chill. Yield: 2 1/4 cups (serving size: 1/4 cup).
- Note: You can store chutney in refrigerator for up to 6 weeks.