1/1 Photo of Apricot BBQ Sauce
Kozmic Blues's Note:
The flavor of this sauce is amazing. No more buying jars of salty, high fructose corn syrup BBQ sauces! Take the extra time and make your own. This recipe comes from Veganomicon. The original recipe called for whole apricots, but I've also made this using 1/2 - 3/4 cup apricot preserves or fruit spread, and saved a couple steps. Great over baked tofu, tempeh or seitan strips.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 lbs apricots, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth or 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1In a saucepan over medium high heat, saute the onions in the oil for 7-10 minutes, until browned.
- 2Add garlic and saute another 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- 3Add the vegetable broth to deglaze the pan.
- 4Add apricots, ginger, coriander and pepper.
- 5Cover and bring to a boil.
- 6Lower heat to medium-low and cook for 10 minutes or until apricots are soft.
- 7Uncover and add remaining ingredients.
- 8Continue to cook another 10 minutes, stirring and mashing the apricots.
- 9Remove from the heat and let cool.
- 10Transfer to blender and puree until smooth.
- 11Keep refrigerated until ready to use.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apricot BBQ Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (956 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.5
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 765.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 34.4 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: