Oatmeal your kids and husband will like!
Make and share this Applesauce Oatmeal recipe from Food.com.
- Mix the water, oats, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and vanilla in medium sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to just above medium.
- Continue boiling for 3 minutes.
- Add sugar and stir.
- Add applesauce and stir.
- Scoop into bowls and add small amount of milk (do not stir).
- Top with sprinkles 4 fun!
I made this recipe exactly as stated except I omitted the ginger after reading other reviews. I did throw a dash of pumpkin pie spice in and it turned out delish! I especially loved the texture of the oatmeal. Not too sweet, with just enough favor to make me scrape the bowl clean! I will definitely log this one in my recipe book.
Easy and delicious.