1/1 Photo of Apple Topping for Pancakes, Waffles & Such
A cinnamon-y fruit topping that tastes great over pancakes, waffles, oatmeal, etc. From the Black Dog Inn B&B in Estes Park, Colorado. Mix and match different kinds of apples for a more robust flavor. Also good with a few raisins or dried cranberries thrown in; just make sure to add a little more water or juice to allow them to plump up enough.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place all ingredients in saucepan.
- 2Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until apples are tender, approx 15-20 minutes. Add more water as needed while simmering.
- 3Softened apples can be left chunky or processed in a blender for a smoother sauce.
- 4Return to pan and add brandy as desired.
- 5When ready to serve on pancakes, re-heat and top with applesauce and whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Topping for Pancakes, Waffles & Such
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 361.2
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 92.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 82.4 g
- Protein 1.4 g