A cinnamon-y fruit topping that tastes great over pancakes, waffles, oatmeal, etc. From the Black Dog Inn B&B in Estes Park, Colorado. Mix and match different kinds of apples for a more robust flavor. Also good with a few raisins or dried cranberries thrown in; just make sure to add a little more water or juice to allow them to plump up enough.
- Place all ingredients in saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until apples are tender, approx 15-20 minutes. Add more water as needed while simmering.
- Softened apples can be left chunky or processed in a blender for a smoother sauce.
- Return to pan and add brandy as desired.
- When ready to serve on pancakes, re-heat and top with applesauce and whipped cream.