Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 45 mins
This dessert recipe is taken straight from "Foods, Nutrition and Home Management Manual", published in 1942 by the "Government of the Province of British Columbia".
- Soak pearl tapioca for one hour in enough cold water to cover; drain; add boiling water and salt.
- Note that minute tapioca requires no soaking.
- Cook in double boiler until transparent.
- Core and pare apples; arrange in a buttered pudding-dish; fill cavities with sugar.
- Pour over the tapioca and bake in a moderate oven till apples are soft.
- Serve with sugar and cream or a custard sauce.
- Recipe note: Rhubarb or pineapple may be substituted for apple, and sugar added to taste.