1 hr 45 mins
This dessert recipe is taken straight from "Foods, Nutrition and Home Management Manual", published in 1942 by the "Government of the Province of British Columbia".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak pearl tapioca for one hour in enough cold water to cover; drain; add boiling water and salt.
- 2Note that minute tapioca requires no soaking.
- 3Cook in double boiler until transparent.
- 4Core and pare apples; arrange in a buttered pudding-dish; fill cavities with sugar.
- 5Pour over the tapioca and bake in a moderate oven till apples are soft.
- 6Serve with sugar and cream or a custard sauce.
- 7Recipe note: Rhubarb or pineapple may be substituted for apple, and sugar added to taste.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Tapioca Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 185.3
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 169.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 29.1 g
- Protein 0.3 g