Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This dessert recipe is taken straight from "Foods, Nutrition and Home Management Manual", published in 1942 by the "Government of the Province of British Columbia".
- Soak pearl tapioca for one hour in enough cold water to cover; drain; add boiling water and salt.
- Note that minute tapioca requires no soaking.
- Cook in double boiler until transparent.
- Core and pare apples; arrange in a buttered pudding-dish; fill cavities with sugar.
- Pour over the tapioca and bake in a moderate oven till apples are soft.
- Serve with sugar and cream or a custard sauce.
- Recipe note: Rhubarb or pineapple may be substituted for apple, and sugar added to taste.