Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I had a large amount of green apples to use but was looking for something without sugar or flour or butter. Tall order! This worked out pretty nicely. This is not decadent and will not convert anyone who usually only eats high fat sweets. But if you like fruit desserts that aren't too sweet, this is nice. It is sort of like baked apples without raisins and butter. I like it warm for breakfast with a dollop of fat free cool-whip, and my 3 year old devoured hers!
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray an 8X8 square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Peel, core, and slice the apples.
- Put them in the pan.
- Add the canned pineapple and mix it all together.
- Put the frozen banana in the microwave until it is defrosted and mushy.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, add the oatmeal and nutmeg and stir well.
- Peel the banana (it will be runny) and add it to the oatmeal.
- This will clump up and be very sticky.
- Put the oatmeal mixture on top of the apples.
- I use my hands but it is sticky and not real easy.
- You may, if you want, spray the top of the crisp with cooking spray or olive oil spray but I didn't find it made much difference.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the topping is starting to brown.
- Serve warm or cold.
Very good, as far as healthy desserts go. Added extra oatmeal topping, cinnamon, chopped walnuts, and drizzled a little bit of honey over the top. Liked it better warm.
REALLY yummy. This would make a delightful dessert, but we ate it as breakfast. I think next time I'll add more of the oatmeal topping, too. This was awesome!!!!!