I use this when I have to many apples hanging on the trees, and have enough applesauce to keep us happy and full until 2011. Very easy, every delicious, and oh so easy. Just enjoy the delicate taste of the fresh apple, cinnamon, sugar, and maple syrup. Top with your favorite ice cream, I use butter pecan, well...just cause I love that ice cream! Enjoy!
- Peel and slice apples.
- Put slices in a microwave safe bowl.
- Sprinkle with sugar, cinnamon.
- Microwave 4 minutes, checking apples for doneness. If not done, give them about 20 seconds more until done.
- Stir apples and sugar/cinnamon after removing to cover apples with sugar mixture.
- Add maple syrup and ice cream.
Made for my grandbaby. The recipe said sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon, but I added an extra sprinkling of grandmotherly love.
We don't use or own a microwave so here's what I did: fried the apples in small amount of butter melted with the sugar and cinnamon. Drizzled lightly with Coomb's organic maple syrup! Dreamy! Yummy! Reviewed for Veg Tag February.
Ok I cheated and had dessert for breakfast 8+). This is so quick, easy and really yummy. Made using Fuji apples, Splend for baking and real maple syrup. Served over Swedish Baked Pancake for a very tasty breakfast. Love that these apples can be used on so many recipes thus making this recipe a real keeper. Thanks so much for the post.