Cook17 hrs 40 mins
This is a very easy recipe to make and has always turned out really good for me. The apples cook up to look like applesauce and usually turn sort of dark and tastes great.
- Peel, core and slice enough apples to fill a 4-quart slow cooker or crock pot so full that the lid will not go down over it.
- Add vinegar; cook for 18 hours.
- If crock pot is fast cooking, cook on high for 10 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Add white sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon and cloves.
- Put into blender to blend it like apple butter. Mix all together and cook 4 more hours.
- Seal in jars.
I made this for my family and am so glad I did. It will definitly be a family recipe. Easy and fun. Makes the house smell great while it's cooking and is the best tasting apple butter I have ever had. Of course, that will vary with the quality of apples. But it was fun to make and although my 3 and 4 yr. old didn't appreciate it on bread they loved it as apple sauce.
I made this over and over this last fall when the apples came in our local orchard. It is wonderful! I gave it to my sister and she loved it,also. So easy and good , I gave jars away for Christmas and those people all thank you. Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!
I was really suprised by how good this recipe turned out. I was also glad that there was hardly any work to make the apple butter. This is one of the best recipes for apple butter.