Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Adapted from Pan American's Complete Round the World Cookbook. Posted for ZWT6.
Make and share this Apfelbrotsuppe (Apple and Pumpernickel Soup) recipe from Food.com.
- Combine apples and water in a saucepan.
- Add bread and cook over medium heat for 20 minutes, or until apples are very soft.
- Force the apple mixture through a sieve, or puree in a food processor.
- Return mixture to pan and reheat.
- Add sugar, currants and cinnamon.
- Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and rind.
- Cook 5 minutes more.
- Serve very hot.