Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Adapted from Pan American's Complete Round the World Cookbook. Posted for ZWT6.
Make and share this Apfelbrotsuppe (Apple and Pumpernickel Soup) recipe from Food.com.
- Combine apples and water in a saucepan.
- Add bread and cook over medium heat for 20 minutes, or until apples are very soft.
- Force the apple mixture through a sieve, or puree in a food processor.
- Return mixture to pan and reheat.
- Add sugar, currants and cinnamon.
- Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and rind.
- Cook 5 minutes more.
- Serve very hot.