1/2 Photos of Another Vegetarian Chili
2 hrs 25 mins
My own creation that has been in the making for years. A full and hearty dish the blows the chill of fall or winter away. Pair this with white or brown rice for a nutrtionally balanced meal. Where's the beef? Who knows and you won't care.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 (28 ounce) cans tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (14 ounce) can pink beans
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels or 1 cup fresh corn, cut from the cob
- 2 carrots, sliced into disks
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Mexican oregano, use regular if not available
- 1 large zucchini, cut into 1 inch cubes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1On medium heat, add oil, onions, green pepper, garlic and jalapeno pepper to a large pot.
- 2Cook until onions and peppers are soft, about 5 minutes.
- 3Add tomatoes to the pot.
- 4I like to break mine up by hand.
- 5If that's too messy for you, use the back of a cooking spoon.
- 6Add in the beans, corn, carrots and seasonings.
- 7Bring pot to a low simmer and cook about 60-90 minutes.
- 8The longer the better.
- 9Do not cover the pot as it stops evaporation and thickening of the chili.
- 10Adjust seasoning by adding more chili to taste.
- 11If you like it mui caliente, sprinkle a little cayenne or chop up a chipotle pepper.
- 12Add in zucchini cubes and simmer an additional 30 minutes.
- 13Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Another Vegetarian Chili
Serving Size: 1 (423 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 328.5
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 260.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.4 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 16.3 g