Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a variation that I use
Make and share this Amaranth recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup amaranth
- 2 1⁄2 cups apple juice or 2 1⁄2 cups water or 2 1⁄2 cups stock, see note
- fresh herb, to taste
- cooked beans (optional)
- For breakfast cereal increase the liquid used to 3 cups and sweeten.
- You may add dried fruit, allspice and nuts if desired.
- Boil the seeds in the liquid [if using stock use 1/2 cup stock to 1/2 cup water] until the seeds are tender, about 18 to 20 minutes.
- Add the herbs, grated gingerroot, beans. Serve.